Sunday, March 21, 2010

frustration | ugh!

alrighty, so this blog is more of a chance to vent for a sec...
i love challenge and believe me my life is full of them.  it would be beyond boring without them...however, photography has a way of making me wanna pull my hair out, but at the same time i love it too. my recent task was to shoot my husbands new band (marshall brian band - check 'em out, i dig 'em) "live".  now, i know i'm new at this but holy crap....so many obstacles.  so, i'm by no means gonna give up, anyone got any pointers????  i'm still very much intimidated by my camera which is a work in progress for me.  i feel like i've learned a lot over the last year and i know i have soooo much more to learn, which is exciting but also a bit overwhelming.  i'm hangin' in there. :)

sooo, enough whining....my weekend wasn't a total bust.  i had this awesome shoot planned with my sister carin and my nephew brayden but old man winter decided to give us one more wack with this weather.  instead we stayed close to home, the driveway actually, and still managed to get a few shots.  my sister is beyond gorgeous and is one of my most favorite people ever.  love her!!

4 comments:

  1. I like your editing style. Not over done.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for the feedback, I realllllly appreciate it! You don't have to be anonymous so you know! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Pointers? Shoot a LOT. A lot lot. Get a mentor. And, don't let seasoned photographers get to you when they make un-nice comments. Un-nice is not a word, but go with me. :) Also, don't spend too much time looking at other people's work; go shoot, a lot lot. You've got a good eye so youre fit for it; it takes a LOT of trial and error to figure out lighting. Lighting would be a good class to take. Ok, I'm all pointered out. Oh, and shoot a lot lot.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I can't even begin to tell you how much I appreciate your kind words. I very much do and I also admire your work. Thanks...and I truly mean that! :)

    ReplyDelete