Tuesday, February 23, 2010

{my camera and me}


hello there!!  so i did it, i hopped in my car and drove where ever the wind happened to blow me.  first of all another tidbit about myself...i'm a huuuuuuuuge history junkie - have been since i was a young tike.  i love anything with a story.  i can remember crawling up on my grandfather's lap as a youngin' and listening to stories about the war.  that's what sucked me in and i've been hooked ever since. 

i was driving along on this gorgeous, yes the sun was out (shocker), day and passed this reeeeally old cemetery!!  now, something else about myself...i love old cemeteries...but, only during the day.  they creep me out at night. :(  there was something so peaceful and serene about it (i know, its a cemetery!).  i found headstones that were over 200 years old and i find myself imagining what the world and these people were like then.  were they like me?  what was their situation like?  did they love?  were they loved??  this stuff just fascinates me.  other photographers remind me to shoot for myself too, so my goal is to try and get out and shoot stuff that inspires me as often as possible.  i'm gonna make a solid effort to do so and so should anyone reading this.  it may not be photography but try and do something for yourself once in awhile...plus it keeps ya sane!!  have a good tuesday! ;-)

*hugs*

1 comment: